Limnological study and stock assessment of Kazemi Dam in Saqqez and Gavoshan Dam in Kamyaran were executed to determine biomanipulation method and production capacity for aquaculture in the reservoirs (indigenous species and economic valuable species), and to organize sustainable operation in the reservoir for aquaculture with new method for protecting indigenous and genetically valuable species. Asarab was pledged to conduct an environmental baseline study to ensure that in case of operating this system; the ecosystem would be able to retain its ecological balance and improve water quality.
- Investigation of existing status of the ecosystem in the Dams’ lakes
- Baseline studies including meteorology, hydrology, soil science, geology, pollution, vegetation and wildlife studies
- Supplying field quality monitoring equipment for performing qualitative and limnological monitoring including portable multi-meter, portable turbidity meter and spectrophotometer, plankton net, Surber, etc.
- 13-month samplings of all physicochemical, biological and pollution and in other words limnological status of the lake
- Eutrophication State Index calculation by Carlson method (TSI)
- Biological Indices calculation including Shannon, Simpson and Hilsenhoff to provide an accurate estimate of habitat quality
- Fish yield calculating by different methods such as: Morphoedaphic Index, Dark and Light Bottle method and nutrient enrichment primary productivity potential
- Capability assessment for aquaculture in the dam considering ecological balance and environmental aspects
- Determination of capabilities and limitations for aquaculture in the dams
- Studying of the biological degradation system in the reservoirs
- Suggesting a development plan for bio-manipulation and aquaculture system in the reservoirs