Meijran Dam is built in Mazandaran Province and in the southeast of Ramsar City on Nesarood river. This dam was designed and constructed preliminary to supply water demands for agricultural sector, after civil development in the area; potable water was considered too, so it was necessary to define a new water quality for potable usage. Therefore, Asarab Consulting Engineers Co. was assigned to perform the assignment of “Studies for Qualitative Protection of Meijaran Dam providing Ramsar City with Potable Water” in 2015. After that in this assignment, qualitative parameters were analysed in all basins and sub-basins.
- Providing the field laboratory equipment, including portable multimeter and portable turbidity meter and sampling containers for stabilizing and transferring samples in a standard condition.
- Sampling of water and sediments in the surface waters at the entrance of the reservoir, reservoir and dam outlet
- Analysis of physicochemical, pollutants and biological parameters in the sediments and water of surface water resources in the watershed
- Specification of sampling and analysis procedure based on international standards and training the sampling team and laboratory technician
- Biological analysis of water and sediment samples including phytoplankton, zooplankton, macrobenthos, fish and fish parasites
- Analysis of heavy metals in the sediment samples by ICP-MS method
- Analysis of organochlorine pesticides, Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) in water and sediment