This plan has been among the priorities of Tehran Regional Water Company aiming to recognize pollution risk, pollutant resources releasing into 6 lakes of large dams supplying Tehran Province with drinking water, Amirkabir, Latyan, Lar, Taleqan, Mamloo and Namrood Dams. Threatening factors of these 6 watersheds in terms of biological and microbial, physicochemical and industrial pollution were investigated and finally Risk Management Plan (RMP) was presented. In this study a new risk management method named WRASTIC was modified for Iran Dams risk management studies.
- Collecting arial and satellite images
- Data collection and analysis of land-uses including modern and traditional irrigation and drainage network affecting water resources, aquaculture centers, livestock husbandry complexes, slaughterhouses, industrial centers, farmlands and pesticide usage
- Data gathering regarding environmental protected areas
- Identification of tourism attractions and recreational centers in the area
- Data collection about contaminants and natural pollutants in the basins from hydrometry and sediment measuring stations
- Providing GIS Database in different layers separatable
- Continuous water quality monitoring in the watersheds of 6 dams for 1 year to update data and information
- Identifying biological, microbial, and physicochemical risk factor releasing in to the basins and dams
- Study on weaknesses and strengths of dams in terms of environmental risk, pollution potential, current structural and non-structural methods against pollution risk
- Investigation about risk assessment methods and approaches regarding disasters resulting in pollutant emission and spreading
- Assessment of risks factors in dams
- Investigation on structural and non-structural methods for prevention of risk occurrence resulting in water pollution
- Presenting technical and managerial solutions for pollution remediation and elimination
- Simulation of incident possibility for occurrence in Mamlou Dam reservoir with Mike 3 (3D) to measure the amount of emission and decay of pollutants.
- Risk Assessment by WRASTIC Model