Khoda Afarin Reservoir Dam was constructed with the goal of water storage for irrigation purpose, flood control in Aras River and power generation. This project was intended to improve residents’ livelihood in the region, job creation and exploit the potential capacities for multipurpose utilization, then the client sets forward new project of feasibility study for aquaculture in this dam.
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
- Seasonal sampling for analysis of physicochemical and biological parameters of water in 3 stations
- Investigating the capacity of natural production of the lake considering biomass of phytoplankton, zooplankton, benthos and …
- Determination of baby fish release of different species and sizes (phytophagous, carp, grass carp, etc.)
- Determination of the release and fishing time
- Providing utilization program by establishing a fishing cooperative and coordinating with Regional Water Company, DOE and provincial Fisheries Organization of East Azerbaijan and …
- Investigating of aquaculture possibility at the margins of the main water canal of Khoda Afarin for warm and cold water fish cultivation